Have you been looking for a challenge for your Art Quilting or Textile Art group? Do you want a push towards art practices rather then a commercial cut and restitch of fabrics? Well the Bed Sheet challenge could be perfect for you!
* Take a white single bed sheet. (Cotton)
– or similar fabric ie: white homespun or Calico
* Create a Textile Art Piece 60cm x 60cm (24in x 24in)
* Rules: NO commercially coloured fabric to be used anywhere on the front.
– (inc binding)
Simple hey !!!
Challenging ?? yes !!!
Techniques to try:
- dye and cut and weave
- apply felting wool
- hand dye
- Watercolour pencils
- Zentangle stitch
- dye and rip and stitch
- dye and cut and applique
- dye and confetti
- fabric manipulation
- Print it
- & anything else ? if you have a suggestion please comment below!
Ideas to try:
- fabric manipulated
- printed whole cloth
- any more ?
Here is a photo of my leafy sea dragon as inspiration… white fabric, inktense pencils and outline stitched.
or see my chameleon quilt using inktense pencils.
Catherine McDonald My Quilt went to Antarctica ! – SAQA Blog Hop