To support the SAQA 2016 Benefit Auction many members of SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) Oceania Region have contributed small art quilts which annually help raise funds. To kick the season of auctions off, 16 Oceania members are going to share a “behind the scenes” glimpse into how they create. Over the next month or so, Starting with the first post on 15 August 2016 , you have the chance to visit each artist listed below and see the inspiration behind their 12x12in artwork in the The Oceania Collection as donated to the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction.
Feel free to visit each blog and enjoy the wonderful techniques and visually stunning art pieces that these wonderful Oceania Artists have created.
- 15 August Linda Robertus blogspot.com
- 17 August Dale Rollerson blogspot.com
- 19 August Catherine McDonald addicted2fabric.com
- 21 August Mathea Daunheimer espartafiberarts.com
- 23 August Linda Stokes lindastokes-textileartist.com
- 25 August Sue Dennis suedennisartquilts.blogspot.com
- 27 August Sally Westcott blogspot.com
- 29 August Alison Schwabe alisonschwabe.com/weblog
- 31 August Lee Vause addicted2fabric.com
- 2 September Helen Beaven blogspot.com
- 4 September Lisa Call lisacall.com
- 6 September Brenda Gael Smith com.au/blog
- 8 September Rasa Mauragis com/blog
- 10 September Anne Maundrell com/wordpress
- 12 September Carolynn Collins com/art-blog
- 14 September Lisa Walton fibreinspirations.blogspot.com
The Oceania Collection 2016
The auction will kick-off at 2pm EDT on September 16 with Diamond Day bidding – an early bird opportunity to purchase ANY quilt for $1000. The 12″ x 12″ Auction Quilts will be divided up into three sections for bidding purposes. Each week, a different section of quilts will be available for bidding, starting at $750 and further reduced throughout the week. This is your chance to own beautiful, unique art quilts by some of the world’s finest artists. Plus, your purchases help increase the recognition for art quilts and the artists who make them while supporting SAQA’s exhibitions, publications, and education outreach.